In the rotunda of the Old St. Louis County Courthouse, part of the the Jefferson National Expansion Memorial. The Old Courthouse was the site of the first two trials of the pivotal Dred
Scott case in 1847 and 1850. The case ended up in the US Supreme Court. The decision was to polarize sides in the run up to the American Civil War.